• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interesting bucket seat thought...

CamSweet

All,

I've recently picked up a nice '71 survivor for my sister. It's a front bench center panel model but the PO had located a pair of original front buckets and rear jump seat. I'm a muscle car guy and am familiar with buckets enough to know that the brackets are set up so that when you fold the seat forward, the seatback tilts inward for more access to the back seat. I started pawing over the buckets for this Bronco and noticed that the passenger seat is actually a drivers side seat, based on the tilt when folded forward. These seats are in gorgeous shape with the original Bronco brackets and matching covers. It dawned on me that Ford may have spec'd a drivers side seat for the passenger side to account for the whole seat, base and back that tilts forward on the front, hinged seat brackets to clear the shifter and hump... Any thoughts? Am I all screwed up? Uh, huh, huh...

Cam

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You are not all screwed up! As Explorer said, both seats fold forward and angle towards the passenger side. Ford did this in the Bronco so that the seat back clears the tranny hump when you flip the bottom up to access the back. The passenger door will NOT close correctly with the pass seat totaly flipped foward. The arm rest will hit the seat back.