• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interior lighting(under Dash)

alexm1103

I want to install lighting under my dash since driving the bronco at night can get pretty dark on the inside. Any recommendations on the best lights for this project and where do you connect them to if I want them on when I turn on my headlights. I have a 1976 Bronco. Thank you.

Alex

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I used flexible 12v LED lights strips with 3m adhesive tape made onto the back. you can cut the strips as long as you like. I wired them into my headlight switch so they come on when you turn the knob to interior the light setting.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
no there is a specific wire that gets power when you turn your headlight knob till it clicks in the interior dome light position. Your interior dash lights dim when you turn the knob....keep turning the knob and it will click and the dash lights come on.

suckerpunched

Vincen

Contributor
I am wiring in clear KC cyclone lights into the courtesy light on an AAW harneas install. They are bright but there is a diffused option as well

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
There is a red/yellow wire doing out of the headlight switch for the headlights. You can wire your courtesy lights with a male spade connector and plug it into the back of the headlight switch to use headlight power. No splicing needed....

A ‘76 is also prewired for a map light. It is a black/blue wire. It should be flopping around under the center of the dash. It connects to the headlight switch and has a pigtail going to the dome light so it only gets power when the dome light is on. Use that one or plug your spade connect in where the blue/black wire is on the switch if you want to use them by turning the knob.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
X2, I used the factory map light wire that was already just hanging under the dash to power my LED strips.