• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Iowa Machine Shops and Junkyards

WyoBronc11

Loc.
Boone, IA
So I just moved to Boone Iowa and will be working on a 351 swap soon and need some recommendations for a machine shop and junkyards that is not going to rob me blind. Also I was told about a yard that has a bunch of EB's?

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
I grew up in ames and bought my rig out of a farm in
SE iowa. There is a steel and aluminum fabbricator immediately across the road to the north of Target in aames
. They custom built a bracket for the oil cooler on my racecar and also fabbed out a spacer I wanted for my bronco hardtop but neither were fast or cheap.

I took a welding night class offered out of the shop class at gilbert highschool a few years back....i was 35 and one of the younger guys...i'd frankly take a class buy some more tools and do your build mostly yourself. Best of luck and enjoy the attention because EBs are rare back home.