• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is the steering column the best place...

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Is the steering column the best place to mount a tach? I guess I could cut my dash, but that is not going to happen.

Could I mount a tach, don't know which one yet, else where?

tahnks
brian

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
I bolted mine to the bottom lip of the dash between the gas pedal and my shifter.

mrcat88

Bronco Guru
Loc.
VacaVILE, CA
Check out Autometer's website at This place

they have several solutions...

I like the roll bar mounts, but they also have pedestal mounts (bolt to dash, or pad, or hood for that matter), fixed mounts for the same style mounting, and gauge cups for that extra special look ;D

Also remember that you can go the Summit Racing online and order just about anything from autometer at a good price.

Let us know what you decide....I'm just about to install a tach also.

Mrcat88

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
i saw a picture in on post that had it at the top of the windshild in the corner. Might not work with a wiper cover though. but i kind of liked it up there. might mount it in the cover. or you could attach it to the windshild frame some how right at the top of the dash.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i think it's simply the most convenient place for it. i mean, it's within view when i want to see my speedo too...

Attachments

• 003_0bshrunk.jpg
    003_0bshrunk.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 83