• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

is there a new bed repair panel availible?

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I was just wondering if there is a new bed replacement panel being produced? When I first joined this forum, there was one but not to many people was real happy with it. Does anyone new produce a replacement metal (like origional)panel yet?
thanks
Bronco Ben

73 bronc

BANNED
someone said the bed panel from one of the older f-series was the same rib-pattern. Like early eighties or something.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Jeff's carries a replacement panel. I seem to remember that it seemed reasonable (you could get an ENTIRE floor replacement set for $369).

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I recall a rant someone had here about a replacement panel and I think it came from Jeff's. It did not match the Bronco metal. It was from a different truck. It could have been used to replace the entire panel but the guy just wanted to patch what he had. I'm not saying to not buy from Jeff's, or anyone else. Just be sure to ask specific questions when ordering.

U

Unregistered

Check with E-bronc.

He went through the JBG hassle. Their repair panel is the wrong design. He did some homework and found a replacment panel for an F series truck that is a perfect match, easy to obtain, and cheap.

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Wondred why my ears were burning...

You rang? ;)

Bed floors from mid '80's to mid - '90's F150's match the EB's ribbing pattern. Visit a salvage yard and find a truck that has damage to the sides of the bed (they don't want to cut up a bed they can sell complete) and have them torch out a section that you can use to patch your EB's floor with. I replaced the entire bed floor on my project truck:

http://www.mcguill.com/bronco/bodywork.htm

- scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.