• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It's been called a jeep, a scout, but never a...

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...Jalopy. :cry:

This was my mom calling it that so I cut her some slack - she's 82 years old. ;D She had asked me if I drove my jalopy to come see her down in Grants Pass. I just laughed, God love her.

I had to look it up later in the dictionary just for grins...

Main Entry: ja·lopy
Pronunciation: j&-'lä-pE
Function: noun
: a dilapidated old vehicle (as an automobile)

A DILAPIDATED OLD VEHICLE??? :mad: %) :eek: :p ;) :cry:

For the record, it may be old, but it's anything BUT dilapidated. :cool:

tim70

Loc.
SF Bay, CA
That's funny, i've had mine called jalopy twice in the same number of years. One was a door to door sales guy (who announced this description in front of friends and neighbors) and once by mormon missionaries. I wanted to deck the sales guy.

Now my friends call it the jalopy... although now painted, it looks much nicer.

Glad you cut your mom some slack!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'd settle for mine being called Jalopy.

My Mom refers to it as: "That Damn Bronco of Yours"

TN1776

Bronco Guru
My mom calls mine a Bronco but I get the feeling she's calling it a jalopy when I'm not around to defend its honor... Gotta love moms. I've told my mother that she's going crawling with me one day when mine's running again - and I think her opinion of old Broncos will change when she sees what they are capable of...

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
god bless my mom!!! she was the only one in my family with me at sandlake S.O.B. that actually wanted to ride with me when i went screaming up the sand bowl in the bronco. she is probably my biggest supporter of my madness. ha!ha!