• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I've been wondering, Can't you make your own new bronco?

Bluntman

Loc.
Memphis TN
There are soooooo many parts for the bronco.. new tubs, engines, panels, tops, bolts for everything, weatherstrip, seats, dash, frame, etc... So, couldn't you make a NEW bronco from scratch

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
basically you can but you will still need a VIN number although some states may not require it but it wont be a 2003 model due to federal vehicle laws but if your local junk yard has a totally wrecked bronco you could get the Title for it and apply it to your (new) bronco I believe autoKrafters makes new VIN plates there are a lot of bronco's that have gone to heaven it would be nice to bring them back

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
When I saw "new Bronco" I was thinking, you know, NEW.

Say you had you pick of ANYTHING from the CURRENT Ford parts bins...what combination of parts would you use to assemble a "new" Bronco?

Don't limit yourself to just truck parts - open your mind to other vehicle lines (sedans, SUV's, ...yes, even (gasp)MINIVANS).

What would you do? Go all out with a V10 or a 6.0 PowerStroke? Maybe a 4.6 base motor and a 5.4 option? Pushbutton 4wd? IFS and IRS or solid axles? Maybe something REALLY small, based on the Escape platform, but with a removable top?

Get those brain cells firing! Tell us what you'd build.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Here in California we have a thing called Special Construction. Its how you can register kit cars and other unusual things. I had a Baja bug I almost had registered under special construction, and they gave me a choice for the vehicle year. I could either have it as a new (back then) 2000 baja bug or I could use the year of the Vin which was a 1963. Even though a 2000 model year baja bug sounded cool I decided on the older vin. If you purchase a new frame, a new tub, and new everything else then you probably would have to register it as a 2003 model, unless they go by the engine year. Of course here in Cali, if you have a 2003 bronco that means it has to meet 2003 smog regulations :p

OP
OP
B

Bluntman

Loc.
Memphis TN
I would love to buy all new parts, but just buy a glove box door from a scrapyard with a vin plate on it- revive a beast!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Thats the way to go let me Know how much it costs you when your finished

As for the dream 2003 bronco why change it? just offer an optional transmission/ Transfercase package/NV4500/Atlas what more do you need

OP
OP
B

Bluntman

Loc.
Memphis TN
HAHA! I wish so much I could make one, it was just a great idea i think. I don't have the money to make one of my own, just buy one and help her come back to life ;D

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Some guys around here have replaced so much over time that many of them are probably 80-90% new anyway.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
[quote author=72bronco link=board=5;threadid=19059;start=0#msg145990 date=1056265125]
Some guys around here have replaced so much over time that many of them are probably 80-90% new anyway.
[/quote]

So true...I started with the frame w/ front and rear axles, windshield frame, tailgate, title, and vin...Everything else is new or freshly rebuilt...

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Thats what I paln to do for my next Bronco. Buy a new frame, fiberglass body, bigger engine, better tranny, custom seats...the whole nine yards. But I think if you don't have a Vin, you have to get it federally inspected and you may be able to work something out. Or you could classify it as am Experimental Vechile, or just use it for off roading....But all the hassel it would be easier to just get a glove box door.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
try puting in the 6 cyl powerstroke that is supposed to come out next year in the NEW EB. That would be cool! 8) 8)

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Are they making metal EB firewalls yet? I think that's the only piece of sheetmetal you cannot buy new (if you wanted to make a metal one).