• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I've got a sick Pony!!

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
I posted the other day and asked a question about a problem I was having with my C-4. I got some good advice and I was excited because the fix did not sound like it was going to be that big of a deal. Upon further review last night, it was decided that my transmission is shot and needs to be retired. First gear is no more, and the amount of leaks that we found could water a small farm in South Georgia. It was decided that a new transmission would be the best way to go. Might as well go all out while you are fixing something. Going to get a new tranny with a shift kit and it very own cooling system. I am torn between two emotions!! I am excited about the new digs for the Pony, but not excited about spending the money!!! Just another day in the life of a Ford Bronco!!

Stick

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:eek: :eek: :eek: The old saying if you play you must pay all toys cost someware the harder you play the more you must pay but it all fun just go for it good luck.;D ;D ;D Bill 8) %) :p

Bama John

Loc.
Huntsville Alabama
you may want to review the older posts from weeks ago i remember seeing some posts about not getting rid of your eb transmission that they are not the same as other c-4s.a total rebuild may be better to keep the eb trans.whats everyone think

MI-Bronco

I would keep the C4 and get a NP435 from the yard. I like to always use broken peices as an opportunity to upgrade.

And remember, this truck is almost 30 years old, so stuff is gonna break...

Not many cars / trucks that old used as dd here in MI.

OP
OP
S

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
I have already ordered the new tranny. We are going to take mine to the company that I am buying mine from to see if everything is the same and is going to match up. If not, then they will just rebuild mine. I really can not wait to see how she performs after the fix.