• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ive got the bronco blues.....RUST!!! and more RUST!!!

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
well today i made my first try at preping my tub for herculiner. i got all my tools and such and went over to a friends house to work on the bronco in his garage. i knew i had some work ahead of me, but holy sh$t...this is going to take a long time! first off, i under estimated my rust. i knew i had a trouble spot behind my drivers seat, but now i have found at least 5 more and i will likey find more. i was out there for about 3 hours before i got frustrated and called it a day. to be honest, its hard to tell i got anything done. i think i am realizing that i may have gotten myself in above my head. i need to re think my stradegy. i want to do it right, but i dont think i am going to be able to unless i can take my EB apart and work inside out. this would mean letting it sit, which i cant do because its my daily driver. :mad: anyways, i am curious if any fellow tacoma EB guys would be willing to come look at my rig and give me some expert advise on what needs to be done. i could really use some advise.

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
HotWheels said:
bring it onto base and give me a call. we are in the same unit after all....

you know, i almost stop by last week because i saw your blue thunderbird at bde. maybe tommarrow i will, i have to come on post for a dr appt at 10. ill stop by before or after.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
sure...if the bird is there, I haven't flown the coup... :)

better make it after....you remember Thursdays, right?

Last edited:

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
just remember... in a prior post that I suggested you look for a donor tub - it may take a while, but it might be faster, probably cheaper, and definitely a LOT easier.
Those other guys encouraging you to fix it don't have to worry about tackling it ;) They love to be able comiserate with company ;)
I'm half kidding guys! ;D
I have a 77 that was in VERY similar in shape and I found a '66 donor. I Love those 1st two year bodys for a couple reasons.
Anyhoot hang in there - we'll ALL give moral support!!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Hang in there Meat!

Don't lose the faith! Cleaning a M16 is much harder than getting rid of rust in a Bronco! You will succeed, we wont let you fail!!!!!!!!!!!

MnkyBiz

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Hey Meat,

Docs are sending me home so I dont spread the plague around the office. We'll have to get together next week if you're available.

sry,

Mick

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
HotWheels said:
Hey Meat,

Docs are sending me home so I dont spread the plague around the office. We'll have to get together next week if you're available.

sry,

Mick

ok, thats cool. hope you get better!