• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBG 3.5" Super Flex rear leaf

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
anyone running JBG superflex rear leafs? I am going to be purchasing new leafs and was thinking about these? How are they? any sag? Ride quality? any input would be great. I would go with the BC's but the shipping would kill me. I'm on the east coast. Thanks

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
JBG now carries Deaver springs for their superflex kit. Deaver makes a top notch spring.

U

Unregistered

Are they as good as anything out there? I think BC broncos now runs devers. am i correct?

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Almost all of the desert race guys running leaves run Deavers. I can't think of anyone that would beat on a spring more. (I've got Nationals on my truck now, but may switch to custom Deavers later.)

OP
OP
C

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I ordered my super flex 3.5" springs from JBG today. How hard is it to change springs? I soaked my bolts tonight, and will continue to until my springs come...lol. Any tips on changeing springs? Hope they ride better than what i have now. My fillings are going to fall out soon, with my current springs.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Jack the rear end up (jack under pumpkin) so that you can put jackstands under the rear framerails, you'll want to go as high as possible so that when you let the jack down (tires to the ground), your suspension will go to full droop. This should unload your spring.

Take off the tires to give you some working room (jackstands still under framerails) Remove the spring eye bolts (I recommend a large sledge hammer, but try to not damage the end of the bolt, use a block of wood or something to deaden the blow). You'll probably have trouble with your lower shackle bolt, again BIG HAMMER.

Make sure to re-assemble the shackle to the spring with the bolt going from the inside of the frame pointing outboard (before assembling spring to vehicle), this will keep the bolt from hanging up on the shackle bracket during articulation.

Hope this helps!

broncobran68

Loc.
Idaho
I had trouble getting my springs into the shackle. the bushings wouldnt go in all the way. After trying for hours to get the sleeve in without popping the bushing out I deformed the sleeve. Moral of the story: just spread apart the shackle and then tighten it back up.

OP
OP
C

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I am thinking of just cutting off the old u-bolts, since i got a new set with the leaves. should be faster. Hope i bought the right set from JBG. are they all standard?

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
An impact gun will buzz them off a lot quicker than you can cut them. You might as well replace your spring and shackle bushings while you have it torn apart. I had a very difficult time removing my bushings they were so worn out. The bolts actually wore through the inner sleeve on a couple of mine.