• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBG All Steel Tub???

1971BroncoRed

Has anyone on here actually ordered the whole thing? I am about to start my bronco restoration and was wondering which direction to go? part by part, or just order the whole thing?

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
very good jig and great welding fab skills required to do all new tub. i dont think anybody has done one here, ted's black truck is a new body kit that jeffs did

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Might want to see if dynacorn is going to come out with there Bronco body this fall. It will probably be pricey but It should also be already put together.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, but hold onto your hat for that body. The ballpark # being thrown around at Broncorama this year was 15K! :eek: Ouch.
The Dynacorn stuff is real nice for being produced in Taiwan. :( Just fitted a lower quarter section this weekend. Fit is dead on. The ecoating will help it last much longer than stock too.

Attachments

• new quarter.jpg
    new quarter.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 36

Broncitis

MEB Founder
very good jig and great welding fab skills required to do all new tub. i dont think anybody has done one here, ted's black truck is a new body kit that jeffs did

Are you sure that was the entire body kit? That truck was completed in May of 06 and had been worked on for a year or two prior at another shop before it was taken to JBG to finish. I don't know if that body kit has been out there for that long?

I made arrangements with Ted's assistants to have a friend who worked at FoMoCo hauled that rig down to be displayed at the 40th Anniversary event at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals in '06.

I had so much going on that week coordinating the events there and at Paragon the following weekend (plus numerous activities for people staying the week in between), I only got to briefly look at it.

Overall I thought it was a nice rig, but I was expecting a bit more on the fit and finish department which also prevented me from looking too much further.

However, for how Ted seems to use (and abuse) his rigs, I'm sure the fit and finish will work out just fine for the Motor City Madman!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I think it would be a fun challenge to put one together. It would be nice to work with all fresh metal for a change. Right now, Graveyard had body tub kits starting at 4K in their '09 catalog. I think this was printing before they starting seeing all the new Dynacorn stuff. Again, I think it would be fun to put one together if you had the time, $, and space. The quality of repo panels really seems to have gotten better in the past couple years.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
Exterior Body

* Grill, taillight sections, 5 piece floor pan kit, all floor channel
support rails w/braces, upper and lower 1/4 panels, right and left door
posts, right and left striker posts, OEM rocker panels, inner rocker
panels, right and left door skins, core support, core support bracket
kit, right and left inner kick panels, right and left inner fender walls,
right and left wheel tubs, rear bed floor, inner 1/4's, wheel house
extension panels, filler neck extension panels, wheel tubs, front
fenders, windshield frame w/hinge, tailgate, right and left upper cowl
panels, windshield frame cowl panel, taillight section support brackets

and if you look at the build process at jbg they show a complete body kit in the pictures. I have seen the truck a few times and talked with ted about it. We used to be in the michigan bow hunters and would see him regularly at competitions and 3d ranges.