• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBweld, Gorilla Glue, or weld it?

Jaybr

Contributor
I'm installing the Duff hidden tire carrier on my 73, and with this kit you can't install the bumperette bolts leaving 2 square holes in the middle of the bumper. I would just cut the threads off a couple of the bolts and weld them in from the back side, however my bumpers have already been powder coated.

my thought it to cut the threads off and glue them in with something, just not sure what?

it's purely cosmetic, but I'd like them to stay put once glued in.

last option would be to grind off some powder on the inside, including a spot for ground, and tack them in then paint over the bare metal.

Thoughts?

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I would look for some really strong epoxy. Welding will burn the powder off the front side.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Epoxy... clean, clean, clean. Last forever.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Any recommendations on an epoxy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torkman66

Contributor
Clean well, slight sand on the powder coat area where epoxy will be applied. No need to break through powder coat, just give the epoxy some teeth to grip onto. Then use JB Weld. It will bond and last forever.