• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

jeep rollcage in bronco?

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Has any one put a jeep rollbar or rollcage in a bronco see them all over cheep just want to know if anyone has done it before i try it thank you

fla67

TJ Cage

I have a TJ Cage in my EB. Fits perfect. I will shoot some photos if you would like.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Would Like To See That To ... Since I Need A Cage For Mine !!!
I Went This Weekend To The West Coast To See Mike
Aka" 69fl.bronc" To Pick Up A Rear Bench For My Eb That He Had For Sale !!!
What A Nice + Very Knowledgeable Guy With A Street Legal Blue Eb !!!
Nice Bench- Good Deal !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mike !!!!!!!

Nolemater

Loc.
Maitland FLA
Yank I'm pretty sure mine has a jeep cage in it, there are some not so great pics of it in my gallery, you can check out. I need to take some pics other than the ones from the ad when I bought it and get them loaded up anyways so I'll do that tomorrow and get em up. I've stipped off the padding and sanded it down, primed and spray canned it off white, it's had some modifications done to it some extra steel added here and there at the bottom and the back was extended, but it's a pretty good fit and would most certainly keep my head off the ground if I went over.

fla67

Photos of Roll Cage

Fresh off the press.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
Y

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
not bad would be real easy to add the front cage to it thank you i will see you in nov buy the way do you have a lift on your bronco mine is uncut with 4,5 lift run 33 10:50 swapers love it

fla67

stock as stock can be. no lift. the front cage is in the works. debating on jeep style mount to widow or full style into frame. limited offroad use so not much fear of an actual roll over, however i would like it to be functional.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Keep in mind that jeep style frame still goes to the floor, just transitions from tube to plate. Ending at the windshield is not a good idea. Sure its better than nothing but you really should finish it off right, for safety.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I was also under the impression that the EB body flexes too much to attach a cage to the windshield Jeep style? The cage has to flex independently of the body & windshield.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I was also under the impression that the EB body flexes too much to attach a cage to the windshield Jeep style? The cage has to flex independently of the body & windshield.

I took some 1"x 2" square tubing and made a brace from the rollbar to the windshield (to help stiffen up the windshield and make it seal against the upper door frame), and no problems here. I got the idea from a buddy who did the same, no problems for him either. I do hear a little squeaking from it under hard flex, but nothing major. It also gave me a place to mount some grab handles if I ever get them. I plan on somday building a front drop bar to the floor and tieing it into the bars, and a cross bar to tie them together.