• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeepers Jamboree in the Rubicon

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
So are there any broncos from this board that are going on the Jamboree in the Con to slum with the YJs and TJs and hang with the Flat fenders?

just wondering if I'm going to be a token bronco at this event

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I am not part of the "event", but I will be up there that weekend.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I've been there the last two years. Both times I was one of three EBs. Won't make it this year because a Heep friend scheduled his wedding for the same weekend. Be prepared to get a lot of stares depending on when you arrive in the Springs. I did the Fri-Sun trip instead of Thur-Sun. So most of the people are already in camp by the time we get there. A lot of people "check you out" as you drive through camp looking for a spot. Some of the stares give you the feeling that they don't think you should be there because you're not driving a Jeep. As a suggestion, leave as early as possible on Sunday. We would pack up and hit the trail at 6am. Otherwise you will get stuck behind lots of traffic once people hit Cadillac Hill. Getting a few hundred vehicles up takes awhile. Have fun, it's an awesome event.

Gil
GDDYAP

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
I thought they didn't allow EB's along because the steering box wouldn't handle the stress :eek: so Jambo folks decided no longer to allow EB's along. Of course this was many years ago (about early 80's or so). %) %)

That's one place I would like to go (Rubicon) before I pass to the Great Bronco junkyard.

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
I went the last 2 years, 1st year I wore my Bronco T shirts everware and ya some people jerks...would not look at you, some would turn away :eek: . I guess some can't handle it. All in all a great way for a first trip to the con. One thing that was great is the entrainment, they have a great hypnotist, one guy admited that he slept with a dead DEER :eek: :eek: :eek: 1000 people went totaly quite, a guy in front of us new him and said wait till his wife finds out :eek: ;D

I not going this year, EB torn apart getting the MC-KV installed.

Cary

OP
OP
R

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
thanks for the insight.. they do allow early broncos, i was with a group that use to run the jamboree back in the early 90s in broncos. but we stop going because it was getting harder to organize the broncos.. we had to bring alot of stuff with us for trail repairs..

but i'm surprised that only a hand full of broncos are showing these days. I would think we would have a better turn out..

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
It sounds like a big event. I was there two weekends ago and they had a helicopter flying stuff back and forth all day. A sight you don't see everyday was the helicopter flying the porta pottys around.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Other than getting the funny looks, I think the Jeepers Jamboree is a great way to do the Rubicon. It's relaxed and well organized. The volunteer spotters are a great help although they don't have much experience spotting an EB than Heeps but that's understandable. Most I have encountered seem to take their time when spotting an EB to make sure you get through unscathed. All that being said, I've also been on the Rubicon with a group of EBs twice and that was just as much fun. Both times we only went as far as Spider Lake and I was wanting to make it all the way through to Tahoe. So that's why I first tried the Jamboree. The second Jamboree trip was because the first was a lot of fun.

Gil
GDDYAP

sdever98

I have gone for the last 3 years and will be going this year as well. I will be on the August 5 - 7 trip.

Scott.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
@ different things,

One, 53rd Jeepers Jamboree from July 28th to July 31st, is open to all rigs, the 27th annual Jeep Jamboree Aug 5th-7th, it Jeep only.

sdever98

I think you are thinking of Jeep Jamboree USA. I called them a few years back and they only allow Jeeps on their runs.

The Jeepers Jamboree and Jeep Jamboree are done by the same people. I have gone on the Jeep Jamboree for the past 3 years and I am signed up to go this year. This organization puts on a great show, from the trail spotters to the excellent meals.

Hope to see you out there!

Scott.

angrytodd

Loc.
deale,maryland
ther is one in pa in mid aug my buddy asked me to ride with hem it might be fun but all them j#$ps ?:? dont know but the booze will help

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
I can give a little history about broncos on the Jeepers Jamboree. I was a passenger in my friends jeep back in 1987, I saw a couple other 4x4's other than jeeps and wondered why broncos were not allowed. I spoke to Jill Smith who is Mark Smith's daughter. Mark Smith is the one who strated the Jamboree's and is still involved. His daughter Jill was running the Jeepers Jamboree back in the late 80's. I was told by her that that they had quit letting bronco's on the Jamboree because of a bad group that was getting out of hand, drinking and driving like idiots. Supposedly they had broke some parts from driving like idiots and had problems with repairs. Because of this bronco's were banned from the Jamboree for about 10 years or so. The following year (1988) I sent in a application for the Jamboree with a letter to Mark & Jill Smith stating that I would bring a second complete running bronco as a parts bronco and assured them there would not be any problems. I received a personal call from Jill saying that I would not need to bring a second bronco and they would see how things went. I packed up the bronco with a spare set of axles front & rear and a driveshafts front & rear, stock parts with 33 inch tires. After hitting the trail I seemed to have developed a heating issue so I had to stop every so often to let it cool down. I made sure to stop where there was jamboree spotters and offered them a cool beverage. This turned out very well because the positive feedback made it around camp and back to the organizers. I spoke to Jill Smith over the weekend in the main camp and re-enforced that there was many other bronco owners that would like to attend and felt that the bronco should not be singled out because of one bad group of people. Anyway I will stop here because I have been rambling on but that is why they now allow the broncos back on the Jamboree.

Ken