• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JGbronc's Modification Thread.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
So I've decided to do some mods to my '76. I'm tired of the same ol' same ol', so it's time for something new.

Current:

-'76 Bronco Explorer with half-cab top
-Stock-ish 351w with 2 bbl Motorcraft carb.
-C4 Auto
-Homemade 4" lift
-Junky knock-off exhaust
-35" Mud Kings with Aluminum 5 hole rims (that I hate)

Attachments

• Picture 159.jpg
    Picture 159.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 161.jpg
    Picture 161.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 152.jpg
    Picture 152.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 167.jpg
    Picture 167.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
And for plans:
-Clean up and paint under hood and eventually the frame and under side of body.
-Interior sound mat with blue carpet (Just has bed liner on floor currently).
-CD player (Probably Pioneer)
- Rebuilt 5.0 HO, 4bbl Edelbrock or Holley, aluminum intake, F303 cam, aftermarket heads with roller rockers.
- 23 or 24 gallon rear fuel tank.
-Built C4 with 2500-2800 stall converter
-James Duff 3.5" Suspension lift.
-James Duff long tube headers and Flowmaster mufflers with turn-downs.
-Nicer 35" tires and 15"-18" rims.
-Rear disc brakes
-Possibly Hydroboost.

I bought a 5.0 that came out of a Lincoln LSC.

Attachments

• Picture 165.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

barronj

Bronco Guru
Be sure and use some 1.4 roller rockers on that X303... if you can find such a thing. That's way too much cam, even if you got it free... even if you were paid to take it.

I've always liked the look of your rig. I right-clicked, saved-as your first pic a long time ago when I thought I was going blue. Good stance, good color.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Be sure and use some 1.4 roller rockers on that X303... if you can find such a thing. That's way too much cam, even if you got it free... even if you were paid to take it.

I've always liked the look of your rig. I right-clicked, saved-as your first pic a long time ago when I thought I was going blue. Good stance, good color.

I haven't got the cam yet, but I'll probably use 1.6 rollers. I may eventually decide to use a smaller cam, but this is a street only rig, and I want it to have a really choppy idle.

Thanks for the compliment! ;)

As far as EFI a 351, the reason I'm taking the 351 out instead of building it is because it's too tall without body lift or a hood scoop. I don't like the big gap between bumpers, and I won't like the color of the hood being off, or a hole in the hood.

And I like the simplicity of a carb. engine .

luvbowhuntn

Loc.
Town Creek,Al.
What you gonna do with the 351W and c4 setup after you remove it? Im wanting to get this six cylinder out of my 71' and am really wanting an auto and 351. I might be interested if you decided to sell the current drivetrain.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Made some revisions to my plans. Decided to go with an F303 cam and less stall. I do want to make good horsepower, and I want it to be pretty quick, but it doesn't need to be a drag car to do so.

I hope to start working on it after Christmas, and I'll try to keep you guys updated and with plenty of pictures. :cool: