• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just a LOT of Floor Pan Rust

BowHunter148

So I pulled up the old carpet, expecting to find rust...... But HOLY TITANIC rust on both floor pans
e7yqedad.jpg

ybe6upym.jpg

y8agany3.jpg

As you can see in the 3rd pic, the rust goes all the way up to the rocker and the Driver side rocker is resulted to heck as well as the in rocker metal as well as the driver kick panel

I can weld but I am afraid when I pull it all out that I will lose structural support, just the floor pan would have been pretty easy but its never as easy as one would hope!!!
Suggestions?
Should I have someone do this for me??

Lennardlector

Contributor
If you have the means to do it why pay someone else. If it were some super critical f1 race car where a fraction of a millimeter made a difference then maybe yes. As it is you've been driving it around when its basically Swiss cheese and nothing is completely out of whack correct? Doors and everything else still lines up? If it bugs you, you can always spot in some braces but IMO its not needed. It's a solid steel beast, a little floor replacement won't make it fall apart.

OP
OP
BowHunter148

BowHunter148

So do I pull and replace the inner and outer rocker first then kick panel then floor pan?
Since the floor pan will ultimately be connecting to them?