• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaking half-cab top

Broncology

I love driving the ol' bronco around while its raining...it cools me off real quick with the built in shower. Im looking for some suggestions on how to better seal the front lip to the top of the windshield. I have new stripping between the two, but the top has a few "non-flat/rusted/holes" where it bolts down that allows water to slide right on in and it proceeds to drip on my legs (like a waterfall). I plan to have the top reworked in the future to make it correctly seal, but looking for a short term method for now. Any help would be great!

Chuck

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Just about anything you do besides fixing it the right way is going to be a "look what the PO did" type stories. However, if you don't mind that, I would go get a can of aerosol expanding foam and use it to seal all of your leaks. Be forewarned that the stuff works great but is a huge pain to remove when you are ready to do the repair correctly.

bosshoff

Contributor
If the hole that the hold down bolt goes into is rusted to thepoint where is is allowing water to pass around it, JB Weld a fender washer to the top. This may seal the area, and allow you to get a better seal between the top and the windsheild. Also, this is not a permanent mess, and should be easy to deal with later.

OP
OP
Broncology

Broncology

I can't tell if is coming thru one of the bolt holes or somewhere else. Im going to fix it correctly at some point, just focusing on other issues right now...but im really tired of getting rained on. Duct tape is always resourceful ;)

matt2500

the right stuff defniately lay a bead right across the seam between the windshield and the top or even some clear silicone