• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaky C4

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I have long had a problem with my C4 leaking. I have a B&M aluminum pan, and it appears to be leaking around one of the pan bolts. Can anyone recommend a good gasket? Can I use a little silicon on the gasket. Any help would be much appreciated.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I have long had a problem with my C4 leaking. I have a B&M aluminum pan, and it appears to be leaking around one of the pan bolts. Can anyone recommend a good gasket? Can I use a little silicon on the gasket. Any help would be much appreciated.
Why didnt you post this in the tech forum? I think that most of who can help you are over there reading posts.

In answer to your question. Try a cork gasket, and coat the surfaces with gaskacinch and let it dry to a haze before installing the gasket and tightening the bolts. Use a speed handle if you have one and dont overtighten. Its more important to get the bolts evenly torqued rather than super tight.