• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

leaky oil dip stick tube

cthetu

My oil dip stick tube leaks around the rivets that hold the dip stick tube on. Any ideas on a fix for this. I thought of maybe draining the oil then cleaning the area and welding around the rivets.

Thanks Tony

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Also check your pcv. When it starts going it builds pressure in the pan. I had oil leaking where the dipstick goes in and that was the culprit. I changed the pcv and it went away.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I ground off the rivets and made a new gaskit and used 1/8" hucks to put back on no leaks good luck.:cool: :cool: :cool: Bill :D :p :)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p Huck is a typ of rivet they come in all size's to about 1" and use a air gun to crimp. They are 2pc. the stem and cap one time work very good and DONT come lose after installing. Hope this helps good luck.:D :D :D Bill %) ;D :cool: