• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaky Oil Pan?

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I have a 351C and as such the oil pan is "unique" The top half is the stock 351C pan, and the lower part is the stock 302 pan. Anyway I had an engine shop rebuild my engine. Now there is oil leaking out of the pan above the starter. I have tigthen and re-tightened the bolts there several times, but it seems like the oil is leaking through the threads of the bolts. Should I pull and re-seal the entire oil pan, or have the shop do it..since they did it the installed the first time, or should removing the troublesome bolts and running some sillicone on the threads solve the problem?