• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

License plate lamp housing install & grommets

turbotim2

I am putting this thing back together and can't remember if there was any kind of gasket or seal on the lamp holder to seal it up where it contacts the tailgate? I can't seem to find one available. That bracket doesn't seal really tight to the tailgate so water could easily get in there.

Also, has anyone found a local source for the three wiring grommets that go in the tailgate for the plate light wiring?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
The good mom and pop hardware stores usually have a bin of drawers with all different sizes in them, you might be able to match one up close enough. The suck part about ordering on line is the shipping, $3.00 worth of parts and 10.00 shipping.

66BlueGoose

Contributor
If you are working on a 66 tailgate, the grommet is a slightly different size than later years (seem to remember it being smaller).

Jaxgtc

Shipping

The good mom and pop hardware stores usually have a bin of drawers with all different sizes in them, you might be able to match one up close enough. The suck part about ordering on line is the shipping, $3.00 worth of parts and 10.00 shipping.

Yea, I was buying a Laid Back t-shirt last month and the $20 shirt came with $11 and change shipping and handling. I emptied that cart pretty quick. Got the same shirt at CJ Pony for $22.99 and free shipping. Worth shopping around for stuff when you can. I will say this, I got the grommets mentioned above from JBG and they were a perfect fit. One of those cases where it was worth it.