• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift gate prop rods

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
I've still got the stock, loose, loud prop rods on my lift gate. Are the new style hydrolic ones much of an improvement? Does it cut out some of the rattles?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Major improvement. I bought mine from American Broncos.

After I put mine on it took a while before I quit pushing up on the lift gate to start to close it. I don't miss wrestling with the stock ones at all.

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
got mine from American as well.
makes life much easier.
and now i can cruise with the lift gate open and not worry about it slamming back down after a bump ;D ;D

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
DonsBolt said:
I just ordered a set, I hope they are good as everyone says
Got mine out of the local auto store. cost me ten bucks for the whole setup. Man what a difference no noise back there.
TOFIC

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
TOFIC,

when you got yours at the parts store were they just universal ones or were they intended for a specific vehicle/application? I'm off to autozone after work tommorrow and thought I might try to get a set.

Thanks

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
casadejohnson said:
TOFIC,

when you got yours at the parts store were they just universal ones or were they intended for a specific vehicle/application? I'm off to autozone after work tommorrow and thought I might try to get a set.

Thanks
Not specific just got 2 of the 80 pound, 10inch travel lift rods. Cost me 10 bucks plus tax. came with the hardware to mount them. In all fairness, they kinda like Bronco drivers at this place and the price has a tendency to sink the more they drool over the machine. Not that I complain, but 45 minutes to get a gallon of 3 dollar Dexcool antifreeze? wife gets a little hot.
TOFIC

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Thanks for the info! I know how you feel about the parts store, my wife will not even go along when I go and she always says " yea right" when I say "I'm going to the parts store, be right back".

murdock

Loc.
Anchorage, AK
I haven't been able to find any cheap ones at the auto stores here in Houston. I found some for $5 each at the u-pull-it lot though. I mixed and matched off a couple different cars to get the right bracket ends for the lift rods.