• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lifting body off frame

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
Can any one tell me a fairly easy way to do this and where on the body underneath should I support it? Thanks for all advice and help

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
If you are leaving the front clip on, you can rest it on saw horses with 2X6s or 2X8s. One stand should be under the front door posts (give or take a few inches). The second can be inside the rear wheel wells. These are also good aproximate places to lift from. Keep in mind that the number of support points may need to increase depending on the condition of your tub and the presence or rust (and its location). HTH.

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
All I did was put 1/2 eye bolts through the back hold down holes with a large washer on the bottom. rigged to a chain fall . I did the same up front in the rad saddle, also rigged to a chain fall . Lift slowly to make sure everything is disconnected.
I welded up a little trailer with a K car axle and could move it around ,out of the way with my riding lawn mower.
Have fun

ddm156

i just did some measurement on the stock body mount location then lined up some blocks and bricks accordingly and sat her down...worked out pretty well for me