• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lifting input and Rims

Nhbuckingbronco

So i am very excited i just purchased the exact color and style bronco as my first vehicle i bought when i was 16 (in 1982). its a one owner all original 1972 tan and white.

i think i am going to keep it all original other than i want to put on some awesome rims and 33" tires

so here are my questions

1) thoughts on chrome / polished rim patterns and styles
2) what size suspension lift would i have to put on to accommodate 33" comfortably
2A) where would you buy the lift and rims?
3) my two gas caps are mis matched where can i buy a set of matched
3A) also the antena is broken and then in the back it has like a spring antena (maybe a CB) that is missing the antena part and thought on where i could get these

i dont know how to post pictures of what i am talking about
sorry first time user

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Welcome! You have to become a "contributor" to easily post photos. As for your questions. You will get a ton of opinions but it is yours so do what you like. You mention that is is all original, is it uncut? if so 33's are going to be tough to fit. You have come to the right board to get info. All great people here! I would recommend any of our sponsors, WH, JBG, TBP, Duffs for your needs. Most of the time it depends on where you are located to get the best deal because shipping is a killer anymore. Another thing to do is look at other build threads to get ideas before you start to purchase. Ask Lot of questions!

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Welcome and congrats on the Bronco! X2 on becoming a contributor. Its easier to post pics and helps support the vast knowledge and friend base this site offers. You will not find a better group of folks anywhere, always helpful and full of info that you can't find anywhere else. Once you get some pics posted up I bet the responses will come quick. Its easier to give an opinion once we see what you are working with.
Be sure and put your location in your info section, might be some folks close that can give you a hand.
Have a good one, I look forward to seeing your Bronco!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So i am very excited i just purchased the exact color and style bronco as my first vehicle i bought when i was 16 (in 1982). its a one owner all original 1972 tan and white.

i think i am going to keep it all original other than i want to put on some awesome rims and 33" tires

so here are my questions

1) thoughts on chrome / polished rim patterns and styles
2) what size suspension lift would i have to put on to accommodate 33" comfortably
2A) where would you buy the lift and rims?
3) my two gas caps are mis matched where can i buy a set of matched
3A) also the antena is broken and then in the back it has like a spring antena (maybe a CB) that is missing the antena part and thought on where i could get these

i dont know how to post pictures of what i am talking about
sorry first time user

Congrats & welcome aboard....

OP
OP
N

Nhbuckingbronco

how do i become a contributor? and i guess its not all original because the back has been cut and fenderflares added

msmith

how do i become a contributor? and i guess its not all original because the back has been cut and fenderflares added

Go to User CP, scroll down and on the left under Miscellaneous click on paid subscriptions. The top option is "Site Contributor" and the second is the same only it renews automatically every year.

And welcome. We look forward to pictures. In fact, I'd rather look at pictures than read lol.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
For 33" tires you will need a minimum of 3" total lift. We usually do it with a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. You will need to trim slightly the front edge of your front fenders as any incline you may pull into while turning could cause them to rub and tug on the fender. I have include a pic of a truck we built with the exact setup I recommended and on 33" tires.

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 42

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If you're cut in the rear a 1 inch body lift will suffice. May need to trim just a bit on the front of the front fenders. But I agree with englewoodcowboy, 2 1/2 inch SL plus 1 inch BL would be ideal and not require any trimming in the front. A lot will depend on tire width and wheel backspacing. Duff's or Wild Horses would be my choice for lift. Wheels? Just search the internet for the style/size you want. If you plan on body work and paint I would fill both antenna holes and go to a powered internal antenna unless you only listen to FM stations. And CB's are quickly going out of date - most trail communication is now being done by FRS, GMRS or HAM.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
For 33" tires you will need a minimum of 3" total lift. We usually do it with a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. You will need to trim slightly the front edge of your front fenders as any incline you may pull into while turning could cause them to rub and tug on the fender. I have include a pic of a truck we built with the exact setup I recommended and on 33" tires.

Nice ride...