• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lifting the body off the frame

John Griswold

Loc.
Medford, NJ
So I got all the body mount bolts out or ground off and want to lift off the body. I'm hoping to not take off the front clip but am not sure how to go about lifting or raising the body without damaging it. There is no hard top to help sturdy the body and i'm afraid of it folding at the rocker panels. Looking for any advice from someone who may have done it already. Thanks

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I made bars to go inbetween the door post and stiker, and then across the bed when I lifted mine. I just used old 1" pipe and 1 1/2 angle iron and made them bolt in to factory holes.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I made bars to go inbetween the door post and stiker, and then across the bed when I lifted mine. I just used old 1" pipe and 1 1/2 angle iron and made them bolt in to factory holes.

Not just a precaution, absolutely neccessary if you ever want everything to fit again. Since I was redoing the whole body anyway. I welded in 1" square tube for supports.

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
I also used straps from door posts to striker and didn't have any trouble. You don't want the front end to flex! If you have the holes for a bulkhead to bolt to, you can bolt straps to there.

siderbox

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• DSC03040.jpg
    DSC03040.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC03034.jpg
    DSC03034.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03082.jpg
    DSC03082.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 88

Juntura

Make sure to check the shipping. Since I am looking for a new hoist I clicked on your link and thought that would be perfect, until I calculated shipping- $278 just to get it here!

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I removed mine with top, doors, hood and all with a floor jack and 2 high lifts and no supports. You just have to take your time and watch the body lines. You just jack a little at the time. Not saying it is the best way, just the way I did it without any damage.