• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Light mounting options. pics please

Brianut

Just bought my winch and will be building my front bumper here soon.
Looking to add some Off road lights to the front of the truck and was looking for some pics of what Yous guys may have done.

Looking at the Hella 500's and going for 2 possibly 3 up to 4.
I have a lead on a cheap single (2nd one broken housing)with harness and everything brand new and was thinking if I added a pair that 3 might look and function quite nice out front.

Idea for bumper is plate style with a "hoop" over the winch where I can add a few tabs for the lights.
Give me some Ideas and pics help a ton.

Thanks

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Here is a picture of my 2 lights mounted on a hoop

Attachments

• bronco 007.jpg
    bronco 007.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
B

Brianut

nice, very similar to what i think I want.

any issues with being able to see the tops of the lights when driving?
meaning does it bother you?
or does it just become part of the view?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Here are just a few:

L1000120.jpg

DSC_0042.JPG

1977-Ford-Bronco-Rock-Crawler-Exterior-03.jpg

UO2ob.jpg

%21%21f2ST6gCGE%7E%24%28KGrHqIOKj%21EubD43FOcBLs9f65Ltg%7E%7E_4.JPG.jpeg

Screen%20shot%202010-07-21%20at%2010.41.33%20PM.png

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I like the look of that red one with the four across the top of the hoop. I have been wanting to do that to mine. Right now I have two on top like 68rockcrawler, but it's on a Protofab bumper without winch mount.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru

I don't even notice them when I'm driving. They are visible a little bit over the hood but they do not block visibility.

OP
OP
B

Brianut

Saweet.
you guys rock.
keep em comin.
thinkin I might go the 3 route, depends on how "broken" the housing is on the set I am picking up today.
May just have to fork over the dough for the 4 as that red Bronco looks really nice. basically exactly what was going through my head as an idea.
Now if there was a way to just unbolt that whole setup and slide it in front of my truck id be done.

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
100w floods on the outside, 100w spots on the inside.

Attachments

• aux lights.jpg
    aux lights.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 24

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
I would think that the glare from the four on top of the red one would be very noticeble. I love the look of it though....

Laker

I will be installing a reciever through the stock bumper to accept a winch.....I like keeping in portable for front or back options. i'm going to mod the ends of the bumpers a little,just to give it little different look and adding clevis eyes where the bumper bolts to the frame. I think I will be adding just 2 hella 500's right on the bumper on either side of the winch.
I love the bumpers some of the other rigs are sporting,but I want to keep mine nice and simple. Once its done i will post some pics..before and after.