• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Like a moth to a flame..It's Back to the Baja..Video..Race Photos Added

notagain

I had the good fortune to be able to participate in the NORRA Mexican 1000 race last year. With a little bit of luck and the proper star alignment, at this point, it looks like I'll be heading back for this years race. I hope to share the race experience with a friend in tow this year.

I tried to describe "my" race experience in a couple of previous posts but I've found a video that works real well. Same truck, same driver and same terrain however this 4 minute clip is of the Baja 1000 not the Mexican 1000....looks eerily similar to me. It's shot from inside the cab.

The first 2 minutes of the clip are the wait to roll into the start position...I remember sitting in the co pilot's seat...my jumbled thoughts other than the obvious question...was this really such a good idea?

Is it possible, I have to go to the washroom, again?

However race inappropriate, I wonder how well this helmet will muffle a high pitched scream..scratch that...I'm miked.

Did someone slip something into my OJ this morning, I'm blasted.

Oh no...what were my GPS start up instructions?..which gauges am I supposed to watch?

At the gate...countdown starts..thinking

Breathe..inhale exhale, inhale exhale, inhale exhale....good work

Short prayer, no answers required, just coverage

I wonder how everything looks upside down?

Whoa!!!!!!

The video...turn it up..I hope this link works.

Last edited:

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Awesome video. Makes me add another thing tho must do list if I win the lottery....

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
That video kicks ass. Plain and simple. Thanks for sharing.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Great video, thanks for sharing.
Please keep us updated on this years race. I for one will be crusing south for my first Mexican 1000 (spectator), hope to see you south of the border.
Jed

OP
OP
N

notagain

A few early broncos in the Mexican 1000 and Chris Raffo's truck (the one in the video) flying through the Baja in the same race. Also a couple more of my favorites in the race.

Attachments

• 1010or_17_+mexican_1000_rally_mexicali_to_la_paz+bill_stroppe_bronco[1].jpg
    1010or_17_+mexican_1000_rally_mexicali_to_la_paz+bill_stroppe_bronco[1].jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Contingency Br YW.jpg
    Contingency Br YW.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • 2010norra1000_race_006[1].jpg
    2010norra1000_race_006[1].jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Big Oly.jpg
    Big Oly.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 10-NORRA-0671[1] (2).jpg
    10-NORRA-0671[1] (2).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 29
  • 70952229[1].jpg
    70952229[1].jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 22
  • aepnorra0950952[1].jpg
    aepnorra0950952[1].jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Contingency Edsel.jpg
    Contingency Edsel.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
N

notagain

The fun part is easy, it's the safe part that is a little less manageable.