• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln Town Car 5.0

justinkwitt

Hey guys<

I found a 90 lincoln town car 5.0 with a freshend up upper end for $450. Thats going to buy me all the accessories, the engine, and the AOD behind it. Is this a good candidate for and EFI swap? Is this engine a roller cam even though its not an HO? I was going to get an explorer before, but had a cash flow issue at the time. So that opportunity is gone. Will the serpentine system work in the bronco? Also, I have a 93 cobra efi setup with an edelbrock intake, so I will probably do some swaping. Is this engine Mass Air or Speed Density?

One thing i noticed about this engine is it takes about 5-6 seconds to crank and start, but it starts everytime. Would this be a fuel pump issue or something more?

I drove the lincoln around for a little while has nice pickup and no shifting issues so I know it runs fine.

Thanks!

Justin