• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lions Back Closed

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So, I read in P 4Wheel Off Road over the weekend that Lion's Back is closed due some freakin Housing developments in the works? Did anyone else read the same?

Well, I personally have not got to experience the Lion's Back which really blows.

Hope that doesn't spoil anyone's plans for the upcoming Bronco Moab Safari. :cry:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yes I have heard the same, there is a post on here somewhere talking about it. But you can still go up the backside of it.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I must've missed that post. I'll hit the search. That's good to hear Thanks

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Yes it is closed. No, you can't "drive up the back side of it." We've never included Lion's Back in any official Bronco Safari activities. There are enough trails to run in the Moab area that not being able to pay $20 to go up and back down one big hill shouldn't spoil it for anybody.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yes it is closed. No, you can't "drive up the back side of it." We've never included Lion's Back in any official Bronco Safari activities. There are enough trails to run in the Moab area that not being able to pay $20 to go up and back down one big hill shouldn't spoil it for anybody.

sorry my bad, just something I was told;) btw I would not want to try it anyway;D

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I hear ya man. I didn't know it was extra for that one spot. Hopefully, next year we'll be ready to hit that safari.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I saw a youtube video of someone going up it. Looked pretty cool. Definitely would need to have a "trustworthy" rig for that climb & descent..

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I saw a youtube video of someone going up it. Looked pretty cool. Definitely would need to have a "trustworthy" rig for that climb & descent..

It's actually a piece of cake. Any stock 4x4 can make it with no problems. You simply drive to the top, do a 14 point turn ;) and drive back down the way you went up. That's it.

And Skiddy, the end of Hell's Revenge does go by the back side of Lion's Back. And no, I wouldn't attempt driving up that side either. :eek:

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well I'm looking at a pick up now, so a trailer would be the next step in order to get her out to Moab next year. :cool:

The back side is worst I take it LOL

BroncoMarc

Loc.
BroncOhio
We ran Lion's Back last year at the Bronco run. The people running it then told us it would probably be closed soon because the property was up for sale. I'm glad I got to do it, but I would probably only do it once! :)

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
At least once right, so you can say you did it.... Cool Deal.. I'll just have to check out more of the videos I reckon.. :p

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The back side is not doable in any vehicle that's ever been made so far.

Au contraire, :) In early 2000-2001, or there abouts, Charlie Copsy(sp) a former ARCA competitor(that tells you how long ago it was) and some other rock comp guys climbed it in buggys-witnessed by a friend of mine from Utah-Shannon Shirk, no vids unfortunately.....

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Au contraire, :) In early 2000-2001, or there abouts, Charlie Copsy(sp) a former ARCA competitor(that tells you how long ago it was) and some other rock comp guys climbed it in buggys-witnessed by a friend of mine from Utah-Shannon Shirk, no vids unfortunately.....

That would be impressive to see. But, no pics means it didn't happen. ;)