• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LMC Truck wiring harness?

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
The top harness is a Centech BR10, Early Bronco specific harness. I used this harness when I rewired mine. I ordered it directly from Centech and had it in less than a week. The price on the Centech website is $524.00. I have no complaints with mine at all. It's not really plug and play as you have to cut the Ford connectors off and splice the newer style connectors to lights and a few other things. All in all it's a good harness and a whole lot better than the mess the PO left in the engine bay and under the dash.
Mark.

vesparex

Ditto on the Centech. I love mine, quality superb. Customer support fantastic.

Duane

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

I have two problems with using the Centech. 1) I don't have the old harness to get the connectors from. 2) I don't like to use splices, it just causes one more place for the harness to fail.

Anyone here use the LMC one?

pa69broncoguy

I have ordered a decent ammount of other bronco lmc parts and they have been all good quality, nobody on here seems to use lmc or at least they dont talk about it?

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

I have ordered a decent ammount of other bronco lmc parts and they have been all good quality, nobody on here seems to use lmc or at least they dont talk about it?

Yeah, I've noticed that too. They have better prices on some stuff and are higher on other things, just like any other supply house.

rhino2104

I haven't ordered anything from them because they haven't had anything that I've needed yet. That, or I was ordering things from somebody else that had the same parts that LMC does for the same price so I just bundled them from a single vendor.

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
I haven't ordered anything from them because they haven't had anything that I've needed yet. That, or I was ordering things from somebody else that had the same parts that LMC does for the same price so I just bundled them from a single vendor.

I did the same thing, but LMC ended up being my single vendor. placed a $1900 order 3 years back for lots of stuff ranging form body panels to electrical bits... everything fit great and is still installed and working fine. I don't have any experience with the wire harness, but if the main portion is made by centech, and the rest is pre-terminated to connectors, then I wouldn't be concerned for quality. 650 seems fair too... if your in the market, I would consider them a viable source.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Let me reword my 1st post. With the harness your looking at you don't splice the wires but you do have to cut the factory connectors and install the new weatherpack connectors onto the light pigtail. My bad on the wording. It's a complete, upgraded harness.
Mark.

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

Let me reword my 1st post. With the harness your looking at you don't splice the wires but you do have to cut the factory connectors and install the new weatherpack connectors onto the light pigtail. My bad on the wording. It's a complete, upgraded harness.
Mark.

HAHA, I just took a look at the Centech site and the LMC site together....It's the came harness. Thanks for the hookup!!!!!! You just saved me $120.00!!!!!:);):D

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Ditto on the Centech. I love mine, quality superb. Customer support fantastic.

Duane

X3 on the Centech, and they are a small local company here in PA. I have visited their shop and great people. They have a fantastic customer service as well which helped me a ton.