• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LMC Truck

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Just curious has anyone bought anything from LMC Truck. Got their catalog here and boy do they have a lot of bronco parts!

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
As you can probably tell from their catalog, they are geared much more toward stock restorations than aftermarket upgrades.

The one and only thing I've ever purchased from them was a rear drive shaft u-joint. A local driveline shop had a US made one for about twice what LMC had them listed for. I called and asked where the joints were made. They checked for me while I was on hold and told me they were US made joints, so I ordered one.

Part shows up and the box is clearly stamped made in China. I call and inquire and they tell me they get the parts from a US distributor which is why they told me they were US made. What malarkey. They refunded my money and told me not to bother shipping the part back. Not a very positive experience but their customer service took care of the problem without much difficulty. I'd try using them again if the need arose.

Nothing Special

People who really do restorations on another board I'm on don't like LMCs quality. I've bought some gas tank and spare tire carrier parts from them for my '97 F-250HD and have been happy with what I got, but I'm not looking for a show piece.

kip60

I live about 10 miles away from their warehouse. It's nice to have them close when I need something to finish a project. I do also price check the other suppliers and by some big things from them on occasion. As far as price, they do have newer ownership that has started to advertise more and offer coupons. They're getting more involved in the tv resto shows. Got a coupon this summer from the Hot Rod Power Tour for 20%.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Bought GM stuff from them twice. First tiem was not impressed and the parts were inferior to what they were supposed to replace (door handles).
Second time I bought more farkle-like stuff and its OK. Not great, just OK. They'll have to be the only vendor with the part that I need for me to buy from them again.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My experience is about the same as the posts above. I have ordered parts for my 71 Chevy C-10. Everything was acceptable but not as good as I wanted.

KAllen

Loc.
Talking Rock
I've ordered parts for my f100 from lmc and when I opened the box the parts were in a Dennis carpenter bag.
lmc seems more like a middle man to me. just my 2 cents.

K

luke

Yeah. But most resto parts from most of our vedors are made in china. It's not like there are 5 or 6 different vendors making the same part. In some cases there are, but mostly 1 Chinese place making whatever part and distributing it to our vendors.

luke

Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but even Dennis carpenter stuff can be repackaged China crap.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
The fix for Chinese parts is to refuse them and expect to pay more for higher quality parts. If enough of us do this often enough the vendors will respond. Unfortunately what has happened is that people are always looking for the lowest price. That drives the vendors to china if they are going to be able to compete.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LMC is a great vendor and always donates to the bronco events..

1968Bronc

Loc.
Prattville, AL
Used them twice for parts for a 1970 F100 I built about 15 years ago. Poor quality parts and I had a horrible experience with a very ignorant individual in customer service. After some time passed, I decided to give them a try again for seat upholstery for a 1990 F150. It was not as advertised and I had to send it back. I won't try them again.

There are much better vendors for bronco parts.

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
A customer of mine brought me a window felt kit for a 79 bronco and they where like wet noodles so I got a kit from Dennis carpenter and they fit like oem seals so I say no on there seals!

Jaxgtc

I have picked up an item or two from LMC and was not disappointed. Much of the same after market stuff is carried by all of the Bronco vendors. I have found that CJ Pony parts has a lot of bronco stuff and they have the quality names like Dennis Carpenter and Scott Drake that I look for. Get this, they have free shipping for a lot of stuff! Do the math, the shipping is what kills you when buying stuff at most places. With that said, over 4 decades I have bought from all of them at one point or another with mixed results everywhere.

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
CJ pony Parts has free shipping and also A rewards program. Its not a lot but if you are restoring bronco it adds up fast . Check it out
https://www.cjponyparts.com/customer/account/rpmclub/

RPM Club Details:
Earn 1 Point for Every $1 Spent.
200 Points Earns a $10 Loyalty Reward
1000 Points Earns a $50 Loyalty Reward
2000 Points Earns a $100 Loyalty Reward
Loyalty Rewards can be used on anything at CJ Pony Parts with the exception of gift cards and labor
Loyalty Rewards are redeemed on your item total and may not be used towards tax or shipping
Points expire at a specific date. The next points ending date is 01/26/2017. Points not used by this date will be lost