• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LOCK-RITE? PROS & CONS

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Ok guys, here's one for ya. Have a Dana 44 in the front, what's you're opinions on putting a Lock-Rite in it?
Need some quick responses please.... :-

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
good cheap option for a front full locker but tire limited to 33's I believe after that there not warrenteed so case strenght may ulimately be a problem but if the price is right and easy to instal what more can you ask for. although some don't like the front fully locked

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
I have it in the front of my 44. I am running 35s and have broke both inner axleshafts, and the warn hubs and the lock rite is still intact. Although it is very effective, i wish I had saved up for a selectable, now i have to wait until it ( the lock rite) breaks. ::)

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the input guys - anyone else care to offer up their .50 worth?

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
I will never run a lock rite again. It was much more difficult to turn than my detroit is now. They will not hold up with tires over 35" Mxpaz grenaded his in CO over memorial weekend. It is now a welded lock rite. It was my old lock rite and it had started popping really badly. I It's pops when they are new anyways and you just keep driving hoping nothing has broke...
Mike Kirkus and West Coast differentials had the best deals on detroits. Have anyone that will price match to gears for less in the back of petersens rag.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Wow :eek: I have never heard a pop come from mine . ???

I think that i have abused mine as much as the next guy , perhaps you wore yours out before MX got it ::)
IMO , i think for the money and everything considred with the "Grey Mare" ( PS, 33's etc,etc .) If you are thinking of upgrading to bigger tires and 4 plus trails , then perhaps you should save up for something like the OX or ARB lockers or a detroit .

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Thanks Jake - I think we are in re-think mode as of now! ::) Only running 31s, just put mini-spool in rear - unless we can come up with good deal on detroit looks like front might be open again this year......however, Howie can vouch for how good it done at Disney in March - AMAZED all of us as we were open front & rear. We did have to have a 'wee-bit' of help on Little Blue. Gotta finish the cage too.

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Thank You Howie - well, we're still kinda unsure - we'd like to upgrade to 4+ trails and the tires will come but would really rather only do this ONCE (LOL!) ::)
Kinda like - do it right the first time.......(not that we have) but would like to get it right the first time just once!