• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Logans Metal Products - Buyer beware!

DANGO

Buyer beware! Logans Metal Products. I am having a terrible experience Logans Metal Products, similar to others mentioned in this and other forums. I ordered my bumpers, front and rear, just after Thanksgiving 2010. They did not come in December or January. I called and talked to Jamie Logan, who claimed they had a lot of work over the holidays and the bumpers would ship that week. The rear bumper arrived first in February, and it was damaged. One dent, and the powder coating scraped off in multiple places. I visited with Jamie and she said that I could send it back, but it would be easier for them to start over than to scrape the powder coating and re-coat. I suggested that they file a claim with FedEx for the price of the bumper and provided them photos of the damage. They filed the claim. About three weeks later I received the front bumper, it to had minor damage in the powder coating which I reported to Jamie, but told her I would keep it also. Several more weeks went by and not response from Jamie. Finally after many attempts I got them to answer the phone. Jamie told me that FedEX had settled the claim and she would send me a check. From that point to date (April 11 - Oct 11). I have made over 100 calls. On the rare occasion that they pick up my call they never call back and here are a few of the excuses I have receive directly from Jamie:
I asked them to mail it I will have to check - then no further response
I mailed you a check, you didn't get it?
We are moving an I don't know where the checkbook is - can you call me back?
We are changing banks and I have to get new checks.
I never got the checks
No one called you back? I asked them to get back to you.
Can you set up a paypal account, I can pay you through pay pal.
Send me an email to my personal email
I am sorry, my husband is in the hospital.
two weeks later I was told by the new person Heather, that Jamie was in the hospital.
"I gave Jamie the message to call you"
ditto
ditto
Did you talk to Jason?
I will call you back with Jason's number later, I do not have it now.
Jamie will be in this afternoon, I will make sure she calls you.
Jamie is welding and can not talk now.......

And these are just the ones I remember.

The collected almost $1500 dollars from me and then through a claim to FedEX for damages another $495. They have $2000, and i am stuck with damaged bumpers.

All I am asking for is the $495 in damages. Next steps will be with my attorney.

Their bumpers are really well built. It is really ashamed they can not do a good job with customer service. My guess is the Daniel Logan does not know how bad his company is being run. The fab is great. I am going to lots of car shows now and when asked where I got my bumpers, I tell them they were custom made. I could not send any business their way and would discourage anyone from doing business with Logans Metal Product.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Thats a real shame. I sure hope this works out for you and you get your refund. I had a great experience the Logans. I ordered my bumpers the first of August and got my bumpers by the end of August. A shame that they are unable to manage the business very well because the product is great.

Henry

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never buy those kinds of products pre powder coated, shipping companys cannot treat these heavy items with kidgloves. If I were the logans I would discontinue selling them pre powder coated unless the customer can pick them up themselves. With that said if what you say is true that is poor customer service and there only shooting themselves in the foot, because more people hear about that kind of service with internet around. Hope they come thru and make it right for you. Some one post some pics of there bumpers can't say I have seen them. Thanks

frenchy

Russ

Loc.
Florence Al
What kind of bumper can dent in shipping? How thick is the metal?

edit: I looked at their site. 3/16 is a good thickness. That's hard to dent without a bronco attached to it, but I guess it could happen.

Looks like they have a good product. Hopefully they get their act together in the way of customer service and production schedules.

I also agree with Frenchy. They should either discontinue the powdercoating option, of figure out a better way to package their products.

Last edited:

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I worked for UPS in college and a heavy package with the word FRAGILE just meant, "freaking heavy and needs to be pushed around instead of carried."