• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LONG Add-a-leaf Install?

Broncology

Anyone installed the LONG add-a-leafs from WH or any other vendors that sell them? How hard/difficult was the install? What tools do you need? I am looking for a simple/cheap fix momentarily until I can scrape up the cash for new leafs (3.5"). All help welcomed.

Thanks

Chuck ;D

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
It is real easy. You do not have to remove the shackle bolts. Just take off the U-bolts and center bolt. Install long leaf and the other original leafs and new center bolt. Not hard at all.

edgeoffroad04

yes the add-a-leafs are easy, the biggest problem with them is the ride quality was dramatically changed. it feels like your rear suspension is riding on a brick. I said the same thing,ill get the leafs until i can pay for a 11 or 12 pack. If I were you, Id just wait and save the money towards a 12 pack set of leaves. But it really depends on your plans, what kind of driving you do with your Bronco and how long you plan to drive on the add-a-leafs
edgeoffroad04

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Don't get the add-a-leafs, you'll regret it. Your truck will look neat, but will ride like poo. You may as well just weld the axle to the frame.

Save up and get proper spring packs.

OP
OP
Broncology

Broncology

This Bronco is my daily driver. I have heard about the extreme stiffness although I am trying to figure out what height I actually want the bronco to sit at. Using the add-a-leaf to start out with seemed to be the cheapest route in case I decide to go to a larger lift. My plan is to go to 35's but I dont want to regear right now. I was planning on a 3.5'' susp. lift and 1'' bl. I keep going back and forth on what size lift. not sure if I want to do a BL....at the same time not sure if 35's will fit with a 3.5'' lift and the flares I have..Just trying to figure things out.

Thanks for the help

Chuck :cool:

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
you could go even cheaper with one of those 3 inch block kits from the parts store $20-$30 and it will not change the ride unless your shocks aren't long enough.

it will get you the look you want but i wouldn't offroad it too much i've seen those block spit out the back a few times:eek:

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
What would the effect be of removing one of the orignal leaves and replacing it with the add-a-leaf?

I installed a SuperLift add-a-leaf and I agree it rides like a unloaded lumber truck.

Greg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
grs44310 said:
What would the effect be of removing one of the orignal leaves and replacing it with the add-a-leaf?

I installed a SuperLift add-a-leaf and I agree it rides like a unloaded lumber truck.

Greg
You wouldn't acomplish anything but maybe a little lower. The add a leafs have large arch to them. But I have them on one mine too:cry:

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have a Wildhorses long add a leaf under mine. It's stiff but better than one of the shorter add-a-leafs. The install was simple like was said earlier.

bigjhoov

nobody
daddyg said:
I have a Wildhorses long add a leaf under mine. It's stiff but better than one of the shorter add-a-leafs. The install was simple like was said earlier.

Same here.

OP
OP
Broncology

Broncology

daddyg said:

Did you all slide it between the top leaf with remaining four being underneath the new add-a-leaf?
:cool: