• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lookie what i found!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
bill and i were driving through this hole in the wall town today, i saw this sitting behind a ford dealer. the owner lives in alaska, he's supposedly going to come back down and get it, it's only been sitting there for 8 months.

thing is the owner of the dealer has a few other broncos he's thinking of selling. i told the sales guy today i'm thinking of having an origional and a trail rig.

Attachments

• DSCN1036.JPG
    DSCN1036.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 236

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:eek:

I assume that the ford dealer dosen't own those jumbo jets as well???

you say that it was a lil hole in the wall town... is an airport serviceing larger comercial jets like those in the photo a common thing around those parts???

:)

Cool look'n country side aside from the clutter, looks like an old Clint Eastwood movie location...

that kills me ONLY been there for 8 months ;D

:cool:

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
we're not sure what was with all the aircraft in the background. they're on the outskirts of edwards airforce base, and they're wrapped for storage. they looked brand new!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used to live out that way in Lancaster. A company called Tri-Cor? Owns those planes and they do a lot of different stuff with them, some are mothballed, some are being rewired, some stored, etc, don't remember all the details. I went to high school in Lancaster and bought all my Fords including my first new car at the dealership there in Mojave. A friend of mine was one of the sales managers for a long time, think he is still there, Bill Willingham, good guy.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

I've ALWAYS been super interested in Alaska... never had the requsite time or $$ at the same time to actually make the trip up that way to experience it for myself, but hope to have that trip made before I make the trip to see the reeper!

LoL... those jets almost seem out of place in the picture. your photo is pretty cool though!!! There is a-lot go'n on in it... the SWEET look'n Expo in contrast to the weathered yet solid bronco... the seemingly desolate land-scape with the jumbo jets in the distance sort of an example of freak-ish opposite contrasts yet accodental happen-stance!!!

:eek: whoo-wee!!! I think that's my 1st time ever use'n "happen-stance" in a sentance!!! hmmm, that's a dern good use of a $5.00 word my 1st go-around... huh?

:cool:

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Yup...looks like Mojave for sure. I've been through many, many times on my way to Vegas. The freeway bypasses the town now, so it's turning into a ghost town. Nice find on the Broncos though Ben!