• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a fender rust repair thread.....anyone???

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I've searched but couldn't find any threads where someone repaired the inner section of the fender where it bolts to the grill. It has some rot, but clean eveywhere else. The fact that it's uncut and dent free has me really interested in trying to repair it instead of purchasing an aftermarket one. Already looking for a clean OEM drivers side since it's FUBAR. I'm referring to the fender itself and not the inner fenders which are totally rotted and on its way to the scrapyard in the next few days. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
Are you talking about these areas? (the ones circled by chalk) or the upper edge in between with the boltholes in it? :cool:

SANY1566.jpg

ah- upon reading your post again, you are talking about the fender itself? Post a few pictures, all it takes is a little bravery to start piecing it together......

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Are you talking about these areas? (the ones circled by chalk) or the upper edge in between with the boltholes in it? :cool:

SANY1566.jpg

ah- upon reading your post again, you are talking about the fender itself? Post a few pictures, all it takes is a little bravery to start piecing it together......

I am really looking for info on lining it all back together once I take it apart. Wanna avoid the horror stories about the misalignment issues that can happen when you drill out spot welds.

I like to think I'm brave, but it's over an hour ride to my pop's shop to work on the pony. :cry: I guess you can say I'm afraid of gas prices. One day I'll have a garage to work on my rig.

Below is an almost pure recreation of my fender in its current state. I know it's really hard to look at ;D, but try and get through it. Even pictures of rust have been known to cause loss of breath and sometimes fainting. Proceed with caution.

Attachments

• 74-Pass-Fender-Front.jpg
    74-Pass-Fender-Front.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 40

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
One way would be to lay a patch on the underside and then coat the $#^% out of the rusty side with POR 15 or something comparable and then put it back together. :cool: