• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PA looking for a good project to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burkulater

Loc.
Lancaster, PA
Looking for a solid bronco mostly original with the 3 speed. Not looking to deal with too much rust on the tub but bronco can be non running and even in pieces. prefer 67-72 with original v8, air cleaner, radio, interior, ect... you guys get the idea Im not looking to build something with a big lift, full roll cage, neon seats and 35" tires.

with clean title and a days drive from me

OP
OP
B

Burkulater

Loc.
Lancaster, PA
fatboy.... just saw a pic of a real nice bronco you had yesterday, a yellow one on a roll back. Well heres what im thinking price wise. A non running needing everything maybe even in pieces around 3000. A running and driving one with a little rust around the edges seem to be worth 5-6K but I dont want to spend that on something that still needs everything, when a nice bronco only seems to be worth 10,000. So maybe the smartest thing for me to do is just wait for the right nice bronco to pop up for sale, but then again you never know what festering rust a new paint job is hiding either.....

I know I think too much

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
He also has another good rig, a 74 green

Attachments

• Picture+1690.jpg
    Picture+1690.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC00353.jpg
    DSC00353.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 256

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
fatboy.... just saw a pic of a real nice bronco you had yesterday, a yellow one on a roll back. Well heres what im thinking price wise. A non running needing everything maybe even in pieces around 3000. A running and driving one with a little rust around the edges seem to be worth 5-6K but I dont want to spend that on something that still needs everything, when a nice bronco only seems to be worth 10,000. So maybe the smartest thing for me to do is just wait for the right nice bronco to pop up for sale, but then again you never know what festering rust a new paint job is hiding either.....

I know I think too much

Always afraid of new paint jobs, as fresh paint can hide a lot of sins. Lucky for me the yellow one you refer to has been in the same skin since before 94. Take your time and wait for the right one for you, I know the patience is tough but most everyone here will agree if you leap before you are ready you will probably have some regret.

OP
OP
B

Burkulater

Loc.
Lancaster, PA
Yeah rust is some nasty stuff, years ago I fixed up a 69 firebird. There were two spots that just had surface rust so I sanded them down to good looking metal primed and painted. Four years later those two spots started bubbling.... Keep in mind this was a garage kept car only driven on sunny days. The metal patches I welded in the fenders and rockers were fine and the new quarters I glued in place were fine....

Hey there's a yellow 76 that just popped up for sale on here last night in Delaware. What do you think of that? It was painted years ago but it has a rusty frame and a Mickey mouse floor that was just covered over. Talking to the guy he's thinking the body was done by a body shop but the floor was left to the owner at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.