• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a source for wheels...

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
I want a set of the stock steel wheels, anyone know a place to get them? are the same as many Ford stock wheels and i find them in the Junkyard off an 80s truck?

I have 1 as my spare, For now I would like to put the slots away and rock some steel wheels, Ive been all over the LUBER thread and I love the LUBERs with the steel wheels...

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
i have one.....shipping will probally double what is worth. Let me know if you want to make a offer. It was a spare on mine when i got it.

dirwin

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
Junk yards. I'd imagine you can still find them pretty easily.

Trim rings and center caps, another story. Any Ford dealer can do a parts search and there are some rings and caps out there still new, they just cost a fortune.

OP
OP
nathan.hall1

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
Ill check out junkyards All i want is ones that will match my spare and ill paint them all Black no trim rings or caps needed thanks I am painting my EB HMMV Green and i want black steel wheels to complete that Military Look,

I guess my question was there is nothing special about them right? probably the same steel wheel that was used on alot of trucks and Broncos?

dirwin

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
Nothing special. If it was a Ford 1/2 ton truck built from 54-96 and it had hubcaps originally, it'll be the same. There where a lot of styled steel wheels built during that time, but if it had full hubcaps, they are the same wheel, 15x6 with 5x5.5 bolt pattern and 87mm hub bores. The older Dodge trucks had the nearly the same wheel, just a little smaller hub bore.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Unless you are in a big hurry....keep your eyes peeled on here....I have seen them several times.

BR549

Loc.
huntsville
Did broncos come with any wheels wider than 5.5". Stock wheels are ok. But they really limit tire selection.

OP
OP
nathan.hall1

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
Yeah After I posted I started looking at Wheels and I realized that the stock ones are 5.5 wide and I would have a hard time installing a 10.50 tire. So I need to get the Aftermarket steel wheels that are at least 8 Inchs wide.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
It took me a while but I found some 15x6 stock wheels probably off a f100 or f150. Every now and then you will see 15x7s and even 15x8s. I searched and searched for 15x7s but couldn't find them. I looked online and out west they have plenty of rims. But you need to double check the hub size. A 2wd truck wheel has a small hub and will not fit over a EB hub. You can also fit a dodge 4wd steel wheel, again double chk hub hole. A stock EB steelie is 15x5.5 and I've seen some run skinny 33s on them. I felt more comfortable putting my skinny 33s on 15x6s. I do know that my 15x6s were stamped on the outside from the factory. Can't see it now since they have been powder coated.