• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Alum bodied MC w/plastic reservoir... and more!! :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Anybody using or know of an MC that is alum bodied with a plastic reservoir that has compatible mounting dimensions for a AstroVan HB AND, big AND here is it has to have over 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" bore in the MC?

Another and :)... it has to fit under the hood. Hauled one home last week... 1/4" too tall... :(

Can't be a step down MC either. I've got some big calipers to fill.... thanks

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Haven't we been through this before? :)

Getting a m/c with a bore larger than 1.25" is somewhat challenging as the choices narrow significantly at that point. I presume the 1.25" Dodge one I recommended awhile back wasn't enough?

Are all the hydroboost masters from the 3/4-1 ton offerings too tall?

Todd Z.

mrdrnac

Contributor
1/4" miss is not very much. I'm sure you already studied the options but couldn't you space the master cylinder firewall bracket out at the top to lower the master cylinder slightly? Or even, much bigger job, but add spacers to the body lift? (Never mind master cylinder would go up with the Body, dah!) Adapt to move the reservoir to a remote location?

Last edited:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'm completely throwing darts in the dark..... been pondering this question since I have the same hood clearance issue you do and same master cylinder needs. Have you looked at doing this mod to a GM master from a 1 ton truck? If I remember correctly the spacing is the same but has the correct bore, I remember looking at one with a 34mm or 35mm bore and the spacing was the same, I dismissed it due to sticking through the hood.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301339&highlight=hydroboost+master&page=2

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
We have Todd!! LOL

I "think" I ordered that one in and it was 1/4" too tall...

Now that my rear line lock from 1996 finally died and I didn't notice it till I was bleeding the brakes...so since I have to open up the system to put in another electric Wilwood or a mechanical one...

How come MicoLock is 300% more than other brands... wow!

Last edited:

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Anybody using or know of an MC that is alum bodied with a plastic reservoir that has compatible mounting dimensions for a AstroVan HB AND, big AND here is it has to have over 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" bore in the MC?

Another and :)... it has to fit under the hood. Hauled one home last week... 1/4" too tall... :(

Can't be a step down MC either. I've got some big calipers to fill.... thanks

Maybe have someone 3D print a custom reservoir for you. Or machine one from plastic, or fabricate one in aluminum.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Eric... there are options huh!! :) I need to get serious and "do it". Just got it running again and the brakes are working great...