• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for best place to buy (cheapest)weather stripping

Samsonxd

I need to replace just about all the weather stripping for my newly acquired 76 where would be the best place with the best pricing to purchase from, I tried a search and there is nothing real recent on who has the best pricing.

Thanks

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I just ordered all new weatherstriping for a project from tom's. Door, tailgate/liftgate, top to bed rail and windshield. I also included new rubber bumpers for the tailgate/liftgate. All including shipping was around $380. No too bad considering.

rwill

I used LMC very disapointed in the quality. You will wish you had gone a different route when do over time comes.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
none of it is very good and most of it will not ever set up righ in the corners and it allmost all will come loose if you drag a foot across it whe n you get in or out. All of it will come with a wet coat of some kind of silicone stuff that you have to sit and clean with laquer thinner.

4lofun

try black weatherstripping adheasive around doors. did mine years ago. have not moved a bit and keeps dirt,moisture from sitting between the rubber and metal. just clean real good before applying and take your time.

cheap,,,,, i got my old stuff.... not to bad condition.. may find some local or post up. you could most for free ,i bet

vintage bronco

none of it is very good and most of it will not ever set up righ in the corners and it allmost all will come loose if you drag a foot across it whe n you get in or out. All of it will come with a wet coat of some kind of silicone stuff that you have to sit and clean with laquer thinner.

True ! nothing as good as Genuine Ford especially door seals thats why I went NOS Ford I do have an extra set for drivers side in NOS to sell.

Jerseydevil

Loc.
West Chester PA
I just installed all of the liftgate and tailgate rubber( just 3pieces), got it from The graveyard. I had to clean up all the mounting surfaces with an gasket scrapper, then wiped clean. I bought 3-M. Black weatherstripping adhesive and carefully applied as directed, to the metal surface and to the rubber. The piece that actually mounts to the bed didn't need adhesive because there is a metal strip that holds it down. I am very happy so far. I plan to order my window felts and door seals from them.
I just got the lmc catalog and they seem to charge more but it's a nice glossy catalog:)