• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for newer style of wiring loom and non-adhesive tape for wire harness

AZ69EB

Hello everyone. I'm looking for sources and manufacturers of the newer style of wiring loom and non-adhesive wiring harness tape. I installed a Centech main harness and then added a Painless EFI harness years ago. I used the old plastic style of convoluted loom. I'm currently in the process of re-routing some wiring in both harnesses and would like to replace the plastic loom with the more flexible and better looking wiring loom material.

I would like to be able to purchase the newer style of wiring loom and non-adhesive tape in larger roll quantities to help keep the cost down. Please let me know what others have used. Brand names and manufacturer would help as I searched the web and found many cheap Chinese products. I just want to purchase good products that will last and protect my wiring for another 50 years or so..

Also, any help with cleaning up the routing of both the main harness and EFI harness in the engine bay would be greatly appreciated. Please provide pictures.

Thanks,
Sam

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I just got some in from Summit flex braid 1/4'" x 20' for $16.99 -SUM-890340 , also bought a pack of the hard plastic 1/4" x 10' for $4.99.-TAY-38090
They have other sizes as well.
Good Luck!!;D;D;D

Vincen

Contributor
I have used Tesa, Techflex Clean cut and Summit’s brand of woven split loom. Tes is really nice for bundling wires together. Techflex is solid loom that is nice for long individual runs with no branching off. Summit’s is really hard to beat for general use.

OP
OP
A

AZ69EB

Everyone, thank you! I’m going internet shopping now for some more Bronco suff. My wife always loves that.;)

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Cannot say enough good things about this tape (Tesa). Comes in two forms, high temp for the engine compartment and standard for the inside

I agree 100%, I use both types of Tesa tape and really like it. It's the best I've found.