• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for original inertior/exteroir colors 4 my 76 where can I get them?help!!!!!

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
looking for original colors for my 76 bronco for the interior and exterior. I am unable to find any swatches for 66-77 broncos. My truck is far from original, but i at least want the paint and interior to be.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you check the VIN tag in the glove box? I have seen a lot of the later Early Broncos with the color code letter on them. Check www.autocolorlibrary.com for the exterior colors. Can you send us a picture of it. Maybe we can tell whether it was a Sport, Ranger, or Explorer Package. Some of these trim packages had a little different style interior than plain Early Broncos. MOst of the Early Broncos seem to have the regular vinyle off white/parhment interior. Let us know and we'll try and help from there.

Blue71

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
use this site to "decode" your vin (click on 1976 at the bottom) it will tell you what color your paint was, and on the autocolor library i have a Q, my color (lt. beige) isnt on the site any help?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Any good auto paint supplier will be able to mix your paint based on the color code. They should also have paint chip books for you to compare to, btu I'm not sure how far back the average shops keep. I would not bother with online paint color comparisons unless you just want a very rough approximation. There are just too many variables in monitor display colors to trust them, let alone you miss lok of a paints depth or metallic effects.

I had a list of all the colors offered by year on our club website, and I think I had the codes with it. The link is not visable since we moved the site. I'll find it and post it. It's amazing how many shades of green were offerd and how many colors over the 12 years. I think it was something like 85 colors with only one or two being offerded during the entire production (Raven black and possibly Wimbledon White as I recall)! :eek:

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
I am looking for origina shades of red from 66-77 mine is a blue 76 which will soon be red hopfully someone can point me in the right direction so far thanks for the help

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
Post the color and body codes from your glove box door plaque and I'll look in my Ford 1976 Truck Shop Manual to help you ID the paint and trim.