• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for roadster mirrors - recommendations?

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
What do the soft top soft door guys run for side mirrors? I've looked at Tom's, BGY, Duffs, WH and so on but haven't seen anything other than rollbar mounted stuff.

my 73 had jeep mirriors screwed to the bottom of the face of the windshield frame. Didn't really want to have to do that. I thought I remembered seeing some mirror than attached to the drip rail of the windshield frame. Any help? Thanks

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Could always buy some knock off 66' roadster mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing Special

I used aftermarket swing-away truck mirrors mounted to the doors. They aren't "correct" for a Bronco, but they give good visibility, and they fold in when needed for clearance. I like the way they look and work.

edit: Oops, I realize the question was for soft doors, I only read it as soft tops. Not sure how I missed that.

80-picture_php_pictureid_125696_526b2bae57f3bc6ce9536661bf5efaf84f99ff79.jpg

Last edited:

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I made my own that mount to the windshield frame. These work good for Kayline doors, if you have Bestop doors, you'll need something that mounts farther forward on the passenger side.

mark

Attachments

• Soft Doors 007.jpg
    Soft Doors 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Soft Doors 008.jpg
    Soft Doors 008.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Soft Doors 004.jpg
    Soft Doors 004.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Nothing special, I don't have the doors, just soft doors but thank you.

Garberz, I have kaylines also. Can you give more details on how you made them and where you sourced the parts?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like yours Garberz. I have Jeep ones mounted poorly to my ws frame - tho I can see out of them. I'm going to Bronco Roadster mirrors soon however, with a rectangle head.

ECEB

There are a few threads on this with some guys using the Jeep CJ mirrors mounted to the windshield frame.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Andrew do you have a link for those rectangular roadster mirrors?

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I bought the "knock off roadster mirrors" and mounted them on the roadster inserts.
I found that on the passenger side, mounting the mirror on the insert instead of the fender makes the mirror actually useable.

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 97

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Nothing special, I don't have the doors, just soft doors but thank you.

Garberz, I have kaylines also. Can you give more details on how you made them and where you sourced the parts?

The base is aluminum flat stock and is Nutserted to the windshield frame. The arms are 3/8" steel tubing, welded to 1/2" tubing for the ends. The mirrors are 5 1/2" convex that I bought from Autozone.

These work well with the Kayline doors, they don't get loose like the CJ mirrors. They don't fold unless I loosen the bolt, but that hasn't been an issue so far. It's tough to fit mirrors for the Bestop doors because of the door's hinge location, the passenger side mirror needs to be forward of the windshield so you can open the door.

Mark

Attachments

• Soft Doors 007.jpg
    Soft Doors 007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 27