• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for the thread on modding the tank for returnless fuel pump

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
searched and read but kind find it. can someone point me to it. someone was working on modding a bc tank i believe for the stock explorer returnless set up

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I modded the stock tank, and if I did it again I would add to the bottom of the tank so the pump would sit in the upright position, the factory pos. I cut out a square piece around the mounting plate from the Explorer tank for the pump, traced out the piece on the Bronco tank, cut that out, and welded in the factory piece. Before I welded this in I added the factory baffle so the fuel would stay on the pick-up. I also added a drain so when the pump needed to be changed it would make it much easier and a GRND stud. Here are a few pics, maybe it will help, if you have any Q's ask away, maybe I can help ya. A friend of mine just did a BC tank for the returnless and just added to the length of the pump bracket so the pick up would reach the bottom of the tank.

Attachments

• DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00521.JPG
    DSC00521.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00519.jpg
    DSC00519.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00522.jpg
    DSC00522.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks surfer. i have a bc tank (efi) and would like to see the mods your friend made. hoping i can mod my tank, it has never had gas in it is safe. i like the drain plug, what did you use for the plug?

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i like the drain plug, what did you use for the plug?

I just used a bolt, I think it was 1/2", drilled out the center and taped it with 1/4x20 and cut it off, drilled 1/2" hole and welded bolt head onto tank.