• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking to buy first bronco

justinhe87

Loc.
pace fl
Im looking at a bronco. Body and engine look good except I think It looks like rocker panels are missing and possibly the bottom of fenders and rear wheel panel that connects to rocker panel. Im new to broncos so not sure if replacement rocker panel will connect and fill in gap in fender. Im wondering if anyone has dealt with this and knows cost involved. Some other things known to be wrong are; blinker lever missing, its a rag top, does not come with doors or shell ( want them), has drum brakes(wondering cost to convert to disc) and needs drive shaft for front axle.The guy wants 7500. Im not sure of miles. I have pics, dont know how to attach them from text to show you guys. If anyone has any info on things listed above ill appreciate any info thanks Justin

rhino2104

$7500 sounds a little steep for what you've described. Be patient and you can get a better one for that price or cheaper.

The cost of converting to disc brakes depends on your skill and willingness to source parts. Figure right around $1000 just to be safe though.

As far as posting pictures you can become a contributor for $12/year and upload them directly here. Or you can use a photo hosting site such as photobucket or some such.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Too high. I agree there are better deals out there for $7500. Keep searching.
Look through the vendors that are at the top of the page and you'll see all the pieces needed to do disk brake conversion plus all the body panels needed. If you do the work yourself double the cost of parts for incidentals and you'll be close.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
What you buy/settle for depends a lot on your skill/ability/willingness to complete needed repairs or how much cash you have to pay someone to do it for you. Balance that with your ego and a bad case of Bronco blindness. Look around and buy the most you can get for the money. We got Elmer (garage) @ 4 yrs. ago in Minnesota (salt country) for @ 10.4K. Prices I have seen for something comparable since then are closer to 15k and up. We were luckier than hell to find him. Be patient and welcome to the illness. I personally would make sure the body was in the best condition possible and worry about the mechanicals second.