• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking to buy my first Bronco, need help!

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Hi Guys! I have always been into cars, but have always had VW's that I fixed up (water-cooled) I am pretty proficient when it comes to working on cars, and built my current motorcycle, so mechanics shouldn't be too much of an issue for me. But I do not know anything about american cars and do not want to make a poor purchase. Anyways, enough about that and more about what I hope to learn or know. I just saw this bronco today and drove it, feels solid and drives great! The owner pulled up the carpeting to let me look at the floor pan and their was no rust what so ever, he showed me everything and even had me look under the fenders and feel for rust. Looks to be some surface rust in the back corners by the rear brae lights, but very minor and looks like it can be grinded off.

I am looking for this to be my daily driver and know I already want to upgrade the wiper motor to electric, so it will go faster than the vacuum motor that it has now. That I know of, the cigarette lighter doesn't work, a few knobs don't turn and one switch does nothing, I didn't investigate too much, the only other issue is that the riverside seat doesn't latch back. I plan on putting in three point seat belts immediately as well. Ok, so here is the link to the truck, please let me know your thoughts, I looked at a few and the white one so far has been my favorite. I linked to the other truck I looked at as well, just to give an idea of what I am looking at in my market. The one I would like is the white, since it seems to need less work.

Thank you so much for reading this wall of text!

White Bronco I would like to purchase: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5372890495.html

Blue Bronco I drove yesterday, that I liked a lot as well, just needs some more work: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5338371812.html

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Best advise would be take your time. In the price range you are looking it should be absolutely clean and right. If not move on.
Any rig over 20k should be ready to drive anywhere, need no paint, and ready to enjoy. You'll know when it's the right one. Look in the classified section on this site and check out the members owners Broncos for sale. Anyone that's been on here for a while will not BS you about their rig for sale. Good luck and welcome to the bronco madness.

andyp

Contributor
In his ad he said "everything works". You reported stuff that doesn't work. That's a red flag to me. Anytime you see diamond plate on a Bronco start asking questions about what is under it.

ransil

Bronco Guru
X2 what ox1 points to. Give that one a look pass on the other 2 imo