• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking to change fuel system from tank to carb

FES66Bronc

I just started to work on my 66 Bronco with I6 170ci engine.

Of course the fuel pump is bad, the carb is not original, and the fuel tank is full of rust.

I figured it would be a good time to upgrade the fuel system the best I can. Any thoughts on an electric fuel pump and carb?

I don’t plan on switching out the motor anytime soon, so I want to try do what I can to maximize the I6.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
My thought is that if you order a quality aftermarket fuel tank of the capacity that you desire and then use a frame mounted low pressure fuel pump like this: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p4594 in a location near to the tank.
That will give you the maximum flexibility moving forward. If it sometime in the future the inline 6 gets tired and you decide to go with efi, it will be as simple as changing the fuel pump and adding a return line.
The other advantage is that pressurizing the fuel nearest to the tank helps to prevent vapor lock on carberurated systems.

-JB