• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

luber with dodge steel 17 x 7 ten hole wheels

jagbucket

just installed the stock steel 10 hole 7 inch dodge wheels with recommended 265 70r 17 s. now i want to space them out, fronts are rubbing the arms. 3,5 inch lift with uncut rear quarters and new uncut fronts are coming. like to use wheel spacers rather than the shims to keep wheel studs right length. anyone have suggestions on how wide i can go 1"?

OP
OP
J

jagbucket

try pics tomorrow thanks for replies. i might be where i need to be just wanted opinions

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can adjust the bump stops to keep it from rubbing the arms if it is hitting when you are turning tight

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Lots of options available on line...

OP
OP
J

jagbucket

it looks like the rears are as wide as possible. plenty of room flexing but on a straight compression only about 1/2 inch clearance to the unrolled quarters. jurys still out on the fronts have to try some heat on the turn stops to adjust for now .
The ride and handling is night and day compared to the 11.50 32s that i did have of course the new wh tres didnt hurt either. now drives where you point it a big improvement .

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
What else did you do to get them to fit? Bore out the front wheels? Which Dodge wheels?

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
These are the 10 hole Dodge wheels and yes you need to bore out the centers. I made my own centering jig and used a hole saw :)

Attachments

• LUBER 255's.jpg
    LUBER 255's.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
J

jagbucket

those are the wheels,17 x 7 x 4.5 bs found them for 45 each at a local tire shop and need to bore out the center 3,5 inch. my bronco sits a bit higher with a new wild horses 2.5 inch lift and 1" bl but have yet to mount spare and roll cage

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I basically bolted some flat plate on the back side of the wheel using the lug nut holes, found the center of the hub opening and used a hole saw (4.5"???) to open the hub opening up.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pics. They do not look 2" larger than my 15" on the pic.

I have seen these in the yard for cheap with the tires on them. Time to start looking - then I can fit some bigger brakes on the truck.