• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Manual 4 Wheel Disc Brakes - Feedback

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Who's running a MANUAL 4 Wheel Disc Brakes Set-up, what are you running front & rear (calipers) and what master cylinder did you use or like best. I would like to get some feed back and what do you think or what you would do different.

I would perfer to hear from Manual 4 wheel disc setup rather than Power Booster or Hydro Boost people.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Front discs are '79 Bronco with the T-bird calipers. Rear are from a '79 Lincoln. Using the M/C from the Lincoln. Stops well. I went to this from four wheel drum, so the difference was night and day to me. Not currently running a booster, but plan to add hydroboost one of these days. PM me if you have any specific questions.

72-Madisyn

Loc.
Medford
Front discs are '79 Bronco with the T-bird calipers. Rear are from a '79 Lincoln. Using the M/C from the Lincoln. Stops well. I went to this from four wheel drum, so the difference was night and day to me. Not currently running a booster, but plan to add hydroboost one of these days. PM me if you have any specific questions.

is this set up on a 44 or a 30 front end? I am in dire need of at least front disc!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You can only run 79 bronco brakes on a D44. Do the fronts first. Rear discs are not all that much of a improvement as rear brakes account for less than 30% of overall braking not only that drum brakes provide better braking than discs. Now if your running big tires, high speeds, or do a lot of water crossings then rear discs may be a good thing.

brbuilder

i'm running the ch**y front brakes on a D44 swapped into my '69 and the BC rear kit. Stops my '69 w/37's pretty well. The mc is the 70 something camper special. The drum brakes were totally shot, axle seals leaking etc so I can't really compare to a good working drum set up. Easy swap so I would say it.s woth it. Planning on adding hydroboost eventually.