• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Maxxis Bighorn

MattW

Anybody know if the Maxxis Bighorn in 31 10.50 will work on the stock rim with uncut rear fenders? Maxxis lists them as being 11" wide. Just curious for I found a decent deal on them.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
M

MattW

Well guess I'll find out the hard way, won the eBay auction. Final price was $513 plus about $70 for shipping. Can't find them anywhere else online for less than about $155 a tire plus another $75-100 for shipping. I have a 1 inch body lift on the way too from Wild Horses that will help a little.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I here ya. I bought a set for my tow rig For $450 shipped. Only got 25K miles out of them though.

That size will be tight. Let me now how it works out

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Its amazing how much prices have gone up. I picked up a set of Maxxis Bighorns in 35x12.5x15's 2 years ago off of ebay $600 for 4 to my door.

Yeah, about everything has gone up for sure

OP
OP
M

MattW

I here ya. I bought a set for my tow rig For $450 shipped. Only got 25K miles out of them though.

That size will be tight. Let me now how it works out

Sure, now you chime in about clearance issues. ;D

Yeah, I put new 265/70/17 Dueler Revo's on my '03 4Runner back in the spring, that was a hit to my fun money. I can't complain too much about the price of the Maxxis though. I couldn't find a 31" mud tire in town for less than $180 and that was for the cheap/knock offs. Easily $225 and up for Cooper, BFG, Goodyear and what not. Tack on an other $30 for Wal-Mart to mount and balance them and I'm still coming out ahead.